The benefits of “White Revolution” in our country:
- The purpose of this programme was to link the rural producer (dairy farmer) with the urban consumer.
- Rural farmer co-operatives were organized at the village level and connected to the urban consumer.
- It ensured that the dairy farmer got a major share of the price of milk which consumers pay.
The “Operation flood” ensured thre objectives:
- increased milk production
- strengthened the dairy farmer’s income.
- easy availability of milk at a fair price to all.