Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 15 Our Environment Class 10 Science Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 10 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15 Our Environment with answers
1. Which of the following is not a biotic component of an ecosystem ?
(d) Human beings
► (a) Rainfall
2. Which of the following statements about food chain and energy flow through ecosystem is false?
(a) Food webs include two or more food chains
(b) All organisms that are not producers are consumers
(c) A single organism can feed at several trophic levels
(d) Detritivores feed at all trophic levels except the producer level
► (d) Detritivores feed at all trophic levels except the producer level
3. Trophic level in an ecosystem represents
(a) Oxygen level
(b) Water level
(c) Energy level
(d) Salt level
► (c) Energy level
4. Which of the following is not a terrestrial ecosystem
► (d) Aquarium
5. The second trophic level is always of
► (a) herbivores
6. Which of the following limits the number of trophic levels in a food chain ?
(a) Decrease in energy at higher levels
(b) Deficient food supply
(c) Polluted air
► (a) Decrease in energy at higher levels
7. A food chain always starts with
(c) Nitrogen fixation
► (a) Photosynthesis
8. Every food chain in the ecosystem begins with _____ which are the original source of food.
► (c) Producers
9. In the following groups of materials, which group contains only non biodegradable items.
(a) Polythene, detergent, PVC
(b) Plastic, Bakelite, Leaf
(c) Plastic, detergent, grass
(d) Wood, paper leather
► (a) Polythene, detergent, PVC
10. Who proposed the term ecosystem ?
► (d) Tansley
11. Energy enters a food chain through
► (a) Producers
12. The total energy fixed by a gram plant (Cicer arietinum) in an ecosystem on the whole is called
(a) Primary production
(b) Gross production
(c) Secondary production
(d) None of the above
► (b) Gross production
13. Which of the following is biodegradable?
(d) Aluminium foil
► (b) Paper
14. Ecosystem may be defined as
(a) A species along with environment
(b) Plant found in water
(c) Plants found on land
(d) All plants and animal species along with environment
► (d) All plants and animal species along with environment
15. A food chain always starts with
(d) Nitrogen fixation
► (b) Photosynthesis
16. Depletion of ozone is mainly due to
(a) chlorofluorocarbon compounds
(b) carbon monoxide
► (a) chlorofluorocarbon compounds
17. Which of the following is an autotroph?
► (c) Tree
18. The decomposers in an ecosystem
(a) convert organic material to inorganic forms
(b) convert inorganic material to simpler forms
(c) convert inorganic material into organic compound
(d) do not break down organic compound
► (a) convert organic material to inorganic forms
19. Which one of the following is an artificial ecosystem?
(b) Crop field
► (b) Crop field
20. Producers in any grazing food chain
(a) Feed the herbivores
(b) Feed the carnivores
(c) Clean the atmosphere
(d) Capture solar energy
► (d) Capture solar energy
21. In the garden ecosystem, which of the following are producers?
► (c) Grasses
22. Find the incorrect statement
(a) Soil provides water and minerals for the plant.
(b) Soil provides disease resistant environment for plants.
(c) Soil provides the substratum for plant growth.
(d) Soil provides necessary nutrients for plants.
► (b) Soil provides disease resistant environment for plants.
23. If a grasshopper is eaten by a frog, then the energy transfer will be from
(a) producer to decomposer
(b) producer to primary consumer
(c) primary consumer to secondary consumer
(d) secondary consumer to primary consumer
► (c) primary consumer to secondary consumer
24. Ozone layer is damaged by
► (d) CFCs
25. Ozone of ozonosphere is formed from
(a) Nitrogen oxides and Oxygen
(b) Chlorine, Water and Oxygen
(c) Oxygen and Oxygen
(d) All of the above
► (c) Oxygen and Oxygen
26. How many ozone molecules can be destroyed by one chlorine fragment before other chemical processes remove the chlorine from the atmosphere?
► (d) 100,000
27. Function of an ecosystem involves
(a) Energy flow and nutrient movement
(b) Energy flow only
(c) Nutrient flow only
(d) None of the above
► (a) Energy flow and nutrient movement
28. The ecosystem of earth is known as
► (c) biosphere
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Our Environment MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.