Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 1 The Earth in the Solar System Class 6 Geography Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 6 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 6 Geography Chapter 1 The Earth in the Solar System with answers
1. Asteroids are found between the orbit of______.
(a) Mars and Venus
(b) Mars and Mercury
(c) Mars and Saturn
(d) Mars and Jupiter
► (d) Mars and Jupiter
2. What is the largest Planet in the Solar System?
► (d) Jupiter
3. A huge system of stars is called _______.
► (c) Galaxy
4. Why is the earth called as Blue Planet?
(a) Air colour is blue
(b) Land colour is blue
(c) Building having blue colour
(d) Two-third surface is covered by water
► (d) Two-third surface is covered by water
5. The three quarters of Sun is made up of
► (c) Hydrogen
6. Which of the following is a natural satellite?
► (c) Moon
7. The Stars are not visible during the day because
(a) Of their self illumination
(b) Stars are far away from the earth
(c) Sun light is very bright
(d) Their size is large
► (c) Sun light is very bright
8. The different group of stars is known as:
(b) Celestial bodies
► (a) Constellations
9. What is the orbital period of the Moon?
(a) 25 days
(b) 27.32 days
(c) 28 days
(d) 29 days
► (b) 27.32 days
10. _______ are heavenly bodies that emit light of their own.
► (c) Stars
11. How many days does it take the earth to revolve around the sun?
(b) 365 (1/4)
► (b) 365 (1/4)
12. How does the moon shine?
(a) Have their own natural light
(b) Reflects the Venus light
(c) Reflects the earth light
(d) Reflects the sunlight
► (d) Reflects the sunlight
13. All the planets move around the sun in an _________.
(a) Rectangular path
(b) Straight path
(c) Elliptical path
(d) Circular path
► (c) Elliptical path
14. _____ is the closest celestial body to our earth.
► (c) Moon
15. A group of _______ forming various patterns is called constellation.
► (a) Stars
16. The polar star indicates to which direction?
► (a) North
17. Which is the closest planet to the Sun?
► (d) Mercury
18. The Planets don’t have __________ of their own.
(a) Heat and Water
(b) Oxygen and Water
(c) Water and light
(d) Heat and light
► (d) Heat and light
19. The planet known as the Earth twin is________.
► (c) Venus
20. Which planet appears to be yellowish?
► (b) Saturn
21. Who designs artificial Satellites?
► (c) Scientists
22. Moon appears big because
(a) It is very big than the earth
(b) It is bigger than the sun
(c) It is near to the earth
(d) It is far away from the earth
► (c) It is near to the earth
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These The Earth in the Solar System MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.