Below you will find MCQ Questions of The Changing World of Visual Arts Class 8 History Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 8 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 8 History The Changing World of Visual Arts with answers
1. European artists brought with them the idea of realism. From the list of options which one best describes the term realism.
(a) The art work had to be an engraved one
(b) The art work had to project the power of the British
(c) The art work had to be done by a real professional artist
(d) The art work was expected to look real and lifelike
► (d) The art work was expected to look real and lifelike
2. Abanindranath Tagore and a new group of nationalist artists rejected the art of Ravi Verma because
(a) It was imitative
(b) It was westernised
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) It was cheap
► (c) Both (a) and (b)
3. Which year did the painters Thomas Daniell and his nephew William Daniell come to India?
► (a) 1785
4. What is the specialty of the early Kalighat paintings ?
(a) Use of wall as the canvas
(b) Use of a bold, deliberately non-realistic style , where the figures emerge large and powerful, with a minimum of lines detail and colours.
(c) Use of Perspective, the way that objects appear smaller when they are further away and the way parallel lines appear to meet each other at a point in the distance
(d) Use of an Indo-European style
► (b) Use of a bold, deliberately non-realistic style , where the figures emerge large and powerful, with a minimum of lines detail and colours.
5. Which one the following definition best explain a Portrait ?
(a) A picture with a theme
(b) The art of drawing caricatures
(c) A picture of a person in which the face and its expression is prominent
(d) A picture of a scenic landscape
► (c) A picture of a person in which the face and its expression is prominent
6. The European artists brought with them new styles and conventions of painting. Which of the following options best describe the term convention?
(a) An accepted label
(b) An accepted type of screening
(c) An accepted norm or style
(d) An accepted type of printing
► (c) An accepted norm or style
7. Who introduced the use of water colours and oil paints in India for the first time?
(a) Persian artists
(b) Indian artists
(c) Chinese artists
(d) British artists
► (d) British artists
8. They began producing pictures which became widely popular in Europe and helped shape Western perceptions of India. Who is being referred to here as they?
(a) European artists
(b) European scholars
(c) British governor Generals
(d) Indian Kings and rulers
► (a) European artists
9. Which of the following were brought in with British art?
(a) Oil painting
(c) Mural art
(d) Life – size portrait painting
► (a) Oil painting
10. Tipu Sultan was defeated in the battle of
► (d) Seringapatam
11. Name the third category of imperial art that existed during the colonial India
(b) Oil Painting
(c) History painting
(d) Clay painting
► (c) History painting
12. Name the Nawab who fought against the British Resident controlling the affairs of the state in the 1770s and later became a dependent pensioner of the East India Company
(a) Majid Ali Khan
(b) Wasim Ali Khan
(c) Muhammed Ali Khan
(d) Ibrahim Ali Khan
► (c) Muhammed Ali Khan
13. Tipu Sultan encouraged a special type of wall painting. What is this called as?
(a) Glass Painting
(b) Copper Painting
(c) Mural Painting
(d) Canvas Painting
► (c) Mural Painting
14. Name the pilgrimage centre of the temple village around which the scroll painters and potters began developing a new style of art in Bengal.
► (b) Kalighat
15. Name the two European artists commissioned by Muhammed Ali Khan.
(a) Tilly Kettle and Baron Pigot
(b) James Willison and Baron Pigot
(c) George Pigot and Baron Pigot
(d) Tilly Kettle and George Willison
► (d) Tilly Kettle and George Willison
16. Abanindranath Tagore was influenced by the art of
(a) British artists
(b) Japanese artists
(c) French artists
(d) Chinese artists
► (b) Japanese artists
17. Mechanical printing presses were set up
(a) the late sixteenth century
(b) the late seventeenth century
(c) the late eighteenth century
(d) the late nineteenth century
► (d) the late nineteenth century
18. A new trend within the Kalighat artists
(a) after the 1810s
(b) after the 1820s
(c) after the 1840s
(d) after the 1860s
► (c) after the 1840s
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These The Changing World of Visual Arts MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.