Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 10 Vectors Class 12 Maths Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 12 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 10 Vectors with answers
1. The Position vector of a point (12,n) is such that = 13 then n =
► (c) ±5
2. If a, b, c and d are the position vectors of the points A, B, C and D such that a + c = b + d, then ABCD is a
► (d) Parallelogram
3. A point from a vector starts is called ____ and where it ends is called its ____
(a) terminal point, end point.
(b) initial point, terminal point
(c) Origin, end point
(d) initial point, end point
► (b) initial point, terminal point
4. Let and If is a unit vector such that then is equal to
► (d) 3
5. Find the value of x for which x is a unit vector
6. Let the vectors be such that is a unit vector if the angle between vectors is
7. Find the position vector of a point R which divides the line joining two points P and Q whose position vectors are externally in the ratio 1 : 2. Also, show that P is the mid point of the line segment RQ.
8. If are position vectors of the points (- 1, 1) and (m, – 2). then for what value of m, the vectors are collinear.
► (b) 2
9. Vectors that may be subject to its parallel displacement without changing its magnitude and direction are called _________.
(a) Free vectors
(b) Coinitial vectors
(c) Collinear vectors.
(d) Parallel vectors.
► (a) Free vectors
10. Magnitude of the vector
► (b) 1
11. Find the values of x and y so that the vectors 2i^+3j^andxi^+yj^ are equal
(a) x = 3, y = 2
(b) x = 3, y = 2
(c) x = 2, y = 3
(d) x = 3, y = 3
► (c) x = 2, y = 3
12. If a⃗ is a non zero vector of magnitude ‘a’ and λ a non zero scalar, then λ a⃗ is a unit vector if
(c) a = |λ|
(d) a = 1/|λ|
► (b) λ=−1
13. Vector has
(c) magnitude as well as direction
(d) none of these.
► (c) magnitude as well as direction
14. Direction cosines
(a) are tangents of Direction angles
(b) are cotangents of Direction angles
(c) are sines of Direction angles
(d) are cosines of Direction angles
► (d) are cosines of Direction angles
15. Zero Vector
(a) A vector whose terminal points are at origin
(b) A vector whose initial and final points are different
(c) A vector whose initial and terminal points coincide
(d) A vector whose initial points are at origin
► (c) A vector whose initial and terminal points coincide
16. Unit Vector is
(a) A vector whose direction angle β is unity
(b) A vector whose direction angle γ is unity
(c) A vector whose direction angle α is unity
(d) A vector whose magnitude is unity
► (d) A vector whose magnitude is unity
17. If l, m and n are direction cosines of the position vector OP the coordinates of P are
(a) lr, mr and nr
(b) l, mr and nr
(c) lr, m and nr
(d) lr, mr and n
► (a) lr, mr and nr
18. Direction of the resultant of two vectors is given by
(a) cos-1(Ay + By/Ax + Bx)
(b) cos-1(Ax + By/Ay + Bx)
(c) tan-1(Ay + By/Ax + Bx)
(d) tan-1(Ay - By/Ax - Bx)
► (c) tan-1(Ay + By/Ax + Bx)
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Vectors MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.